Customer Safety Assurance
To our valued Mercedes-Benz Peterborough customers,
We would like to inform you of any updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and what we at Mercedes-Benz Peterborough are doing in response to the challenges it imposes.
As a valued Mercedes-Benz Peterborough client, your safety is and always has been, our priority. As part of our routine business practice, we plan for unprecedented events such as these as part of our overall Customer Satisfaction as well as Work, Health and Safety Policies.
Masks are mandatory inside the building. We recommend you to bring a mask with you. A mask will be provided to you if you do not have one. Masks have been made mandatory in Peterborough as of August 1, 2020. We appreciate your cooperation in advance.
Dealership visits have been resumed to normal. Our service department will remain open to customers with booked appointments during revised hours of operation.
Service & Parts our hours are: 8AM to 5PM.
We are here to answer any questions about your future purchase as well as both leasing and financing maturities. We are here to assist you at your comfort.
Sales inquiries: You may contact us between 9AM & 7PM Monday to Friday. We will always be open online.
We as an organization have been following any developments of COVID-19 mitigation best practices based on WHO (World Health Organization), and Federal, Provincial and Municipal guidelines from the inception of coronavirus.
We are operating on a revised schedule but have implemented special precautions to prevent the spread of the virus:
- We have increased the measures of sanitization at our facility and our courtesy vehicle fleet for your peace of mind and satisfaction.
- We are disinfecting and sanitizing our facility using industry-approved products and have greatly increased the frequency in which we are wiping down and cleaning all touch points within our dealership.
- We are utilizing a disinfectant to clean vehicle steering wheels, armrests, door handles and all touch points within a vehicle after it’s been through our dealership.
- Hand sanitizers have been provided to each staff member to ensure they are cleaning their hands as often as possible.
In addition, we have asked our staff to follow these new principles:
- Always wear protective gloves when inspecting and/or working on vehicles.
- We have replaced our usual welcoming and congratulatory practices (handshakes, hugs, and/or any body contact) with just verbal greetings.
- We have requested any staff member who has traveled recently to self-quarantine for the safety or their co-workers and our clients.
- To maintain safe distance from on another and our guests whenever possible.
We understand the complexity of COVID-19 and that this situation may continue for some time, we would like to reassure you that our commitment at Mercedes-Benz Peterborough is to provide yourself and our valued staff with the safest environment possible.
These practices will be updated time-to-time based on any changes suggested by WHO.
Wishing you great health,
In-Dealership Safety Processes
Below are a list of specific in-dealership safety processes in point form practiced by each department daily.
UPDATED – MANDATORY IN-DEALER EMPLOYEE PRACTICES
- Wearing a mask at all times inside the dealership.
- Make sure to wash hands regularly with warm water and soap, for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid direct physical contact with others.
- Must keep physical distancing, at least 2 meters or 6 feet away from others; avoid group gatherings and meetings
- Sanitize personal / workspace with disinfectant spray
- Wear gloves when entering a customer vehicle and sanitize afterwards
SERVICE CHECK-IN PROCESS
- Clients are pre-called to confirm appointments 1 day prior
- Upon arrival client cars are kept outside of the facility
- Front porters greet the clients outside in front of the service drive
- Door handles, steering wheel, gear selector and seats are then sanitized
- Steering wheel and seat covers are then installed
- Client keys are received and sanitized then placed into drop off envelope for the advisor
- Advisor then calls client to confirm everything on the work order and pricing
ENHANCED SERVICE DEPARTMENT PROCESSES
- Vehicles are check-in at the door without having to enter the building.
- If a loaner car is being provided, it is disinfected, pre-cleaned. The loaner agreement and keys are made available at a temporary desk placed at the service door.
- Customer vehicle door handle, gear shift, steering wheel wiped down prior to entering service area
- Debit machines sanitized after every use.
- Staff member log sheet for any interactions and visits.
ENHANCED PARTS DEPARTMENT PROCESSES
- Debit machines sanitized after each use.
- Sublet work done outside of building.
- Parts deliveries dropped outside of building.
- Part pick-ups are curb-side.
- Part order pre-call or email; part orders are pre-invoiced, client met outside of building with debit machine
- Staff member log sheet for interactions
Employer responsibilities under Part II of the Canada Labour Code. Employee rights under Part II of the Canada Labour Code